REQUIREMENT:Reduction of water content in concrete without loss of workability.
Optimised cement hydration and control of harmful “gel” growth around cement particles, particularly during hot weather concreting.
Improved strength and hardness, reduced shrinkage, dusting and greatly improved durability and wear characteristics.
Inhibition of false set and slump loss in mild to hot climates.
Reduced shrinkage, with increased compressive and tensile strengths, improved density, durability, crack resistance, bond to steel, surface hardness, clean stripping, etc.
PRODUCT TO USE:PLASTET No. 2
& Gel Control Admixture
HOW TO SPECIFY:
All concrete shall contain Cementaid PLASTET No.2 Water-reducing & Gel Control Agent, in strict accordance with manufacturers instructions. For optimum durability and tensile strength, cement content should be maintained at that required for a plain concrete mix design. If concrete is site-mixed, serial numbers of PLASTET No.2 containers shall be recorded.
325-650ml per 100kg of cement, depending on day temperature.
- Reduces water content by approximately 8 litres for each litre of Plastet used (typical water reduction; 12-15%).
- Minimised deleterious effects of warm weather on concrete mixing and placing (slump loss, shrinkage, high water requirements, etc.).
- Increased bond to steel (pull-out tests) by 20-40%, in bottom members, and 50-100% (upper bars in deep beams).
- 100% safe to use moderately (excessive quantities produce retarded set only).
- Reduces shrinkage by 20-40%. Reduced surface “dusting”.
- Increased resistance to abrasion and improved surface-wear characteristics.
- Increases resistance to corrosion.
- Reduces segragation of aggregates.
- Due to greatly reduced laitance, gives a superior surface on stripping, and horizontal surfaces show increased abrasion resistance of 40-50%.
- Increase density of concrete.
All concrete for all purposes.
PLASTET No.2 is free from reducing sugars, triethanolamine and other deleterious materials used for the main purposes of economy and cement reduction.
PLASTET No.2 conforms with AS1478 and ASTM C494.